Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:26:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1079 Posts in 253 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill BBS Door Game
| |-+  Bugs and Annoyances
| | |-+  Serious Delay
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Serious Delay  (Read 9528 times)
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 23, 2008, 11:46:33 am »

Michael, do you know what the problem is with the erratic connection to bbs.operationoverkill.com?  I jump into the Expert game and experience serious buffer/lag/delay, whatever you want to call it, every time. 

I feel like I'm playing at 2400 baud again.  Grin 

I'm using the same telnet program on other BBS sites without problems.  It seems to be the worst on the main HQ site!  Ouchie.  What can we do to fix this?

-Dustin
Suprax
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 07:52:15 pm »

agreed - I went into the Novice game yesterday and the delay is almost not playable. although I can play if I wait long enough for each screen to re-draw.  Smiley
I also used Telnet to the BBS - dont have the ooterm.  so I took Dustin's advice and just logged in through Telnet.
(still trying to remember how to play.. LOL )

Suprax
Donna
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 02:18:35 pm »

What can we do to fix this?

I think the only full solution is to find a host for it somewhere.  It's pretty smooth when I connect to it in the middle of the night so I guess you are probably just using it at the same time as the owners of the DSL line it's on.  Grin

I'll try to find some solutions soon since it seems like I'll have a lot of free time this summer.

DamFrawd

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 05:26:32 pm »

I've played both night and day.. and the lag on your system simply drove me bonkers. It was the main reason I haven't truely been active 
on the Headquarters BBS for the last coupla years. I still play OOII on perhaps as many as 15 - 20 other BBSes. I have only about 4 or 5 listed in my "slow/stuttery systems"  game notes. I also mainly use windows telnet to play. I saw no difference on your system useing the OOII term prog.

DF

Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 10:34:35 am »

I wonder which provider Memphis TW uses?  It's very smooth and consistent on that BBS.  Also, the game there has active players.  I'm using the new SyncTerm w/ Overkill and loving it!

bbs.memphistw.org
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: