Operation: Overkill World HQ
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2017, 09:50:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Be sure and visit Operation Overkill World HQ!
1069 Posts in 251 Topics by 97 Members
Latest Member: Lord Blackfair
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Operation: Overkill World HQ
|-+  Operation: Overkill Internet Server
| |-+  OOIS Discussion
| | |-+  compilers?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: compilers?  (Read 7144 times)
Dustin
Leader of the Lizards
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2007, 03:22:23 am »

Mike,

Which compiler do you use for the Pascal version of Overkill?  And what about the C versions?  I've lost track of them all and the proper procedures.  

For shits and giggles, I downloaded a free version of Turbo Pascal 5.5, but I don't recall which compiler version I used.  My source isn't compiling under 5.5.

-Dustin
Tarix
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 03:48:00 am »

Quote from: "Weezal"

Which compiler do you use for the Pascal version of Overkill?  And what about the C versions?  I've lost track of them all and the proper procedures.  

The new C/C++ version compiles with MSVC 7.1 (2003) and various forms of gcc.  (In fact I compiled it on an SGI Indy a while ago and it worked fine!)

The pascal version used Turbo Pascal 7.0.  That's still what I use to compile the DOS version.

Quote from: "Weezal"

For shits and giggles, I downloaded a free version of Turbo Pascal 5.5, but I don't recall which compiler version I used.  My source isn't compiling under 5.5.

I can get you setup with the latest and greatest if you want to compile the Win32 version?  Getting the DOS version to compile is a huge pain.  Plus you have to hack the Pascal libraries to fix the divide by zero with fast processors problem.

The version I have in subversion is actually in pretty good shape.  It all compiles under DOS, Windows, and Linux. Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: